Welcome to A Victorian Year in Ontario

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, the year is 1865, Her Majesty Queen Victoria has reigned since 1837 and we are in the midst of a prosperous era. The purpose of this blog is to record the daily round of chores, tasks, trials and triumphs of our household in rural Upper Canada (now known as Ontario). We have embarked on an experiment to live a year as close to the way it was done in 1865 as we possibly can. We will post our remarks and await your comments, suggestions and critiques. So join us as we travel back in time.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Roofs and Rain and

Stage 1: Monday morning


I finished the framing on the greenhouse extension today. Now to put on the roof , walls, eaves-troughs and door. Yippee skip, then onto the next project. :)


Stage 2: Monday afternoon


Roof is on the greenhouse! Finished it the rain so I got to see how it works and I am quite satisfied with the results. I have to install the windows, the eaves-trough and the door. I hope to be done by Wednesday at the latest. 

The hardest part of the framing was the third gable end at right angles to the main roof tree. Once that was done and I figured out how to do the plastic on the roof it was easy sailing. 

Here's hoping the windows go up smoothly, the door hangs easily and the eaves-troughs mount with no issues. I recognize wishful thinking when I hear it but it would be nice to get this project done so I can get on with the next thing. Windows and door tomorrow and maybe a good start on the eaves-trough. Eaves-trough done for sure on Wednesday.


That's all for now,
Ken and Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feed back . If you have anything you would like us to add please ask. Again Thank you !!!