Welcome to A Victorian Year in Ontario

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, the year is 1865, Her Majesty Queen Victoria has reigned since 1837 and we are in the midst of a prosperous era. The purpose of this blog is to record the daily round of chores, tasks, trials and triumphs of our household in rural Upper Canada (now known as Ontario). We have embarked on an experiment to live a year as close to the way it was done in 1865 as we possibly can. We will post our remarks and await your comments, suggestions and critiques. So join us as we travel back in time.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Another day .

I want to Thank everyone for their support and comments first of all.It is cool that you are keeping up with our project.
Another day here at the farm(actually I am at the library waiting to go to Rotary) Good day for drying as it is windly like crazy today. Even the chickens did not want to venture out .But it is warm and wonderful out there, and, did I mention windy? I am sure by the time I hung all of the clothes the first ones ones on  the line were already dry. Lots more wood brought into the house...wood seems to be the catch word these days. When Ken gets home we will do more I am sure. He has been away for the past couple of days at work.
I discovered I "can" thread a needle by candle light almost as good as by regular light. So got some sewing done. Better to do these things in the day light ,but I do not seem to sleep well when the boy is away. What is lovely starting this project during these spring summer months is the long days afford me to get lots done and be really tired by the time the light leaves. Winter I am sure will be different.Seems to be it for now folks   Will be back in a couple of days...see you soon
Any questions so far??

4 comments:

  1. Hi I am from the civil war lady's parlor. I have a suggestion. It would make it easier for those of us following this experiment if you could add the widget that allows people to get these updates delivered to their email box. I don't remember what it is called but I believe I have it on my blog and will check for you if you would like. Just a thought/suggestion.

    Gods blessings and best of luck to you
    Debbie Feavel
    www.dixietinworks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folks can always use Google Reader, which is especially handy for intermittent blogs. Then you can either read the post at your IGoogle home page, or click through to the blog site itself.
    v

    ReplyDelete
  3. But what if you don't use IGoogle for your home page. I don't happen to be one who does. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you sign into the blog and post a comment directly on the blog itself?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feed back . If you have anything you would like us to add please ask. Again Thank you !!!